Social Media Jobs in Malaysia
Social media jobs can include positions such as social media manager, content creator, and social media marketer. There are a variety of positions that you can pursue if you want to get into the social media field. Check them out on our app and apply direct by using your profile as a portfolio.
Find Social Media Jobs That Best Suit You
Transparent Wage Advocacy
Employers are discouraged from hiding salary (+ no unpaid internships!)
Share creative thoughts, get feedback and connect with the community
Set your sights on creative jobs that are hard to find anywhere else
Discover different creative talent and find opportunities at any stage of your career
Your profile is your brand new CV+portfolio, filled out with just a few prompts
Social Media Jobs
Download the Cult Creative App to apply to these social media positions
Social Media Content Creator
RM 1,900 - RM 2,900
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Soc Med/Campaign Officer
RM 1,900 - RM 2,900
RM 2,900 - RM 3,900
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Senior Graphic Designer
Pestle & Mortar Clothing (PMC)
RM 3,900 - RM 4,900
Looking for More Social Media Jobs?
Additional 200+ creative jobs in the Cult Creative App with new jobs added daily
When it comes to social media marketing, there are a few key skills that you need to have. These include the ability to think on your feet, good writing skills, and a knowledge of social media platforms. If you have these skills, then you are likely to be successful with social media marketing.
There are a number of ways that you can get your foot in the door for social media marketing jobs.
If you are a good problem solver, then you are likely to be a good candidate for social media marketing. Social media marketing requires individuals to be good at problem solving so that they can come up with solutions to the challenges that they face. Creative thinking is an important skill that you can use in your social media marketing campaigns.
Types of social media jobs
Social media is quite wide with various types of social media jobs made available in Malaysia. There are some common ones such as the ones listed below:
1. Social Media Manager: In charge of maintaining and curating a brand’s online presence through various social media channels. Social media managers also manage a team to come up with strategies and execute social media campaigns.
2. Content Creator: A content creator is usually up-to-date with the latest trends and scouts for new content ideas to share on a company’s social media channels. The type of content includes images, videos, articles, and so on.
3. Content Strategist: Responsible to design, create, plan and develop content strategies that are aligned with a company’s business goals. The strategies will be carried out across various social media channels in hopes of providing valuable content to the target audience.
4. Community Manager: Ensure a good, strong relationship with the audience via social media channels. This includes responding to comments as well as any inquiries from customers.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the job opportunities in social media?
There are various job opportunities in social media as most industries require a social media team. Some of them include social media managers, community managers, and social media strategists, to name a few. In general, social media professionals are responsible for helping organizations to effectively use social media platforms to reach and engage with their target audience.
2. What qualifications do I need to work in social media?
There is no strict qualifications per se, you don’t need a college degree or diploma to venture into this industry. However, it’ll be a great plus if you have experience managing social media profiles or know how the basics of things work. Even though most of the things will be taught by the seniors once you start your job, it’s still great to get some certifications online so that you have fewer troubles with the learning curve.
3. How to get a social media job in Malaysia with no experience?
To get a social media job in Malaysia without any experience, we recommend getting some online certifications related to the industry before applying for the job, and if possible, try to build yourself a good portfolio even during your university or college days. This will help to convince the employers that you’re indeed passionate in this field.
4. What do social media jobs in Malaysia pay?
The average salary for most entry-level social media jobs in Malaysia is around RM3,000 to RM4,000. It also depends on the level and seniority, as managers can earn up to RM10,000.
5. Is social media a good career?
Social media is definitely a good career, especially if you spend most of your time on social media platforms. It’s a growing industry as well, with more and more businesses moving towards using social media channels to sell their services or products instead of offline marketing.
How We Can Help:
What job-seekers have said:
"Thank you for existing and I'm so glad I came across Cult Creative! If not, till today I would not find a job that I'll be interested in.👏😭"
Lisa Atheni, Marketing and Partnerships Executive